TCI's One of a Kind Entrances: Part 2: The Stairway
Continuing with our series on ENTRANCES and ensuring they make just the right impact to set the stage for a house ... we bring you STAIRCASES.
Did you know so much can change within a stairway to really set a whole
Take this recent completed project by TCI for example, this clean and simple staircase is made up of many parts:
- simplistic balusters
- wood treads and painted white risers to set each step apart
- unique assembly of the baluster adhering to the staircase. Instead of just coming straight down into the tread of the stair, it wraps around the stair itself and is joined in beneath
Take a look below for several of our IN CONSTRUCTION staircases that are currently being built, and some tips to creating the perfect stairway.
1. Ease of turns and directions in a staircase - a quick and simple landing can provide just the needed break of the eye visually, and physically as you continue up the stairway
2. Geometric Balusters: We love getting creative with the baluster designs .. as long as it stays clean and simple. Nothing too ornate.
3. Mix of Materials: Mixing an iron baluster and rail with a wood step gives the staircase something to boast about.
(Two views of an in-progress TCI build)
4. Lastly, add something unique! This may have nothing to do with the staircase itself. Like this completed TCI project below: We are loving this modern wood floral that just transforms this wall and brings all the attention to this entrance!
Thanks for staying tuned for our series on Entrances!
Traci Connell and her team are experts in delivering unique design with ease of mind. Traci's impeccable eye for space planning and design combined with her in-depth knowledge of project management, differentiates her from other interior designers. Traci specializes in materials and furnishings that stand up to everyday life, giving her clients a “bulletproof” home for kids, pets, entertaining and more.
Visit Our Website
Follow by email
The award-winning entrepreneur creates gorgeous interiors that also offer livable-style. Traci says: “What good is a luxurious home if you can’t actually live in it?” That philosophy drives her to provide high-end interior design that really lasts for every one of her clients.