Tuesday, May 19, 2015
Summer is on the way!! If you live here in Texas, you know it gets hot ... and not enjoyable.
But we have a way to make it a little more enjoyable.
We've put together a few tips on how to create the best and most comfortable sunroom for your summer play ... read on to find out!
1. Utilize Windows: Make sure furniture against windows have low backs and great views through the open windows in a sunroom. The windows MAKE a sunroom.
2. Hanging light fixtures. While windows bring in all the daylight necessary for a sunroom, nighttime can be just as romantic in a sunroom! With a unique hanging fixture, you can add interest to the ceiling and lighting all in one!
3. Add Drapery: Drapery softens everything. Whether it is a roman shade or traversing outdoor panels, this can add color, texture and class to your sunroom instantly
4. Use the sunroom as a multifunctional space. Not only does it have to be used as a sitting area with sofas and pillows, it can easily be used as a dining space as well!
5. Look UP - The ceiling can be one of the most interesting parts of a sunroom, Because it is "different" and not a normal part of the home, many times the ceiling can be painted, wood slats added or even designed!
6. Neutral can be good too. Having soft and monochrome colors can be a calming vision for a room that you sip your morning tea and read the Sunday paper in.
Now, who wants to start a summer remodel project and add on a sunroom??
Powered by Blogger.
The award-winning entrepreneur creates gorgeous interiors that also offer livable-style. Traci says: “What good is a luxurious home if you can’t actually live in it?” That philosophy drives her to provide high-end interior design that really lasts for every one of her clients.
Back to my can of worms:) Just in time for the holidays, we are feeling settled in our new home. As you read a few weeks ago in ano...
For some time now, you might have seen a vanity... mounted several inches up onto the wall... with a space below. Aka ... a floating vani...
As we get further into 2017, we ask ourselves the question... WHAT will be the hottest unusual trend THIS year?? Well, here at T...