Thursday, December 20, 2012

My COMPLETED Kitchen Remodel! Before and After-

Back to my can of worms:)

Just in time for the holidays, we are feeling settled in our new home.

As you read a few weeks ago in another post 
(check here for original drawings and plans),
I had an awesome idea to gut the entire kitchen during one of 
our busiest months of work!

Soooo.... I became YOU and lived through this remodel!
Again, like YOU, it was well worth it!

We can't be more pleased with the outcome!


If any of you are house hunting, you know to look beyond the green tile and white
formica of the possibilities that await (if you can't see it... I can!)


Keep reading to view the progress pics and all the details!


Calcutta marble harlequin backsplash
(I have a thing for diamonds:) and subtle granite selected


The downdraft was relocated in order to create
the large gathering island and a suite of new stainless
appliances were added.


I repurposed window treatments from my previous home...
(with a tweak or two)


My FAVORITE part are the upper cabinets.
I've put them in a few clients homes, but I had to have
them too. Now- to leave them empty or fill them???


Shaker style cabinet doors, modern hardware and
I FORGOT... new hardwood floors


The biggest change of all was the removal of the wall between 
the kitchen and family room. We created arches for cohesion with 
the existing arch ways in dining/living rooms.


A palette of White is what I wanted:
Clean, fresh and calming


Where did I start?
Purty...








Thank you to all my contractors, vendors, friends and kiddos for
making this happen (and the patience). Sometimes working
on a designer's house can be challenging... we know
what we want!!!  

Call us if you want one of these too:)



7 comments

  1. Traci - That is an amazing transformation!! - You did a beautiful job :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great remodel. It looks completely different! The first step is always to have a vision for the room and then to work within your budget.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! Is that your new kitchen? I'm totally speechless right now! It's so freakin' amazing!!! I love your divider arcs. You'd never think that it started from that. Although, your old kitchen wasn't that bad, your new kitchen looks so beautiful it looks like it came out of the magazine! I am in love with your kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What is the granite that you chose? I love the simpleness of it. I'm building a new home and trying to choose countertops right now. I am not too big on the heavy veining. This is just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! Your kitchen had a MAJOR change, Traci! Light colors really make a kitchen look very fascinating. I just hope that I can find some time to renovate the kitchen so that I can proceed with my plan to repaint. The wall color is already annoying me. Haha! Congrats on your new kitchen. :)

    - Chase Conely -

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.