Wednesday, August 18, 2010

A Sweet Look for a Sweet Peach!

Feeling domestic and noticing the ripened peaches on my counter, I was inspired to make a
 homemade Peach Cobbler... in honor of my new client, Georgia Peach.

I solicited a helper and we got busy (with help from my laptop and
 Southern Living, of course).


We follow directions well:)


Ready to go in the oven...

And it was delicious... I do have to say!

***Admittedly it was called "Easy Peach Cobbler"... cuz that's how I cook!
Get the recipe here***



My client just moved to Starwood in Frisco from Alpharetta, Georgia... and being a
Georgia Peach, as well, I knew exactly the decorating style she was accustomed to! 

After looking at different color palettes for her empty family room, we decided to
freshen things up with a lighter wall color (BM Lenox Tan), updated geometric
print swivel chair and ottoman by Charles Ray, media console,
colorful pillows and anchored by a neutral sectional
Not many new homeowners want the same look they had in the old house!

This is where we started:

A classic club chair (adding an optional swivel base and upgraded seat cushion)
in the cool geo green upholstery! 
The multi-colored fabric is for the sofa pillows... lots of colors to pull from!

Next was the rug and sweet Georgia Peach is thinking it may be too much pattern-
we searched a bit more but I LOVE the non traditional floral by Feizy...


Here's another rug option- a version of a trellis pattern. This line is custom sized to any
dimensions we want and is affordable to boot!


On to art which has been fun! After trying a few pieces "live" in the home
(thanks Gaylynn!), we decided on this transitional beauty!
***Note: Room in Progress!***


And this in the dining room~ love the size and texture


As you know, decorating is done in layers and next we will tackle lamps,
reupholster existing pieces, mirrors and occasional tables.

We, Georgia Peaches, will get it done!

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.