Sunday, March 7, 2010

The Wonders of Wallpaper


I know you have heard that wallpaper is out... but that is so not the case!  Don't get me wrong, I would not encourage you to wallpaper your entire kitchen and all the baths like we did in the 90's but... using it correctly will knock your guests socks off!  Try it in a powder bath or in strategic areas like below- you'll love it!


Check out the impact of using wallpaper on either side of the fireplace...


Play it safe in a small niche area


What a statement paper makes here... big bang for the buck!

Another quick and inexpensive focal point in a room

As you'll see in my future posts, all my clients have nicknames. While visiting my lovely Cheetah Couple yesterday, the idea of wallpaper in an alcove in their foyer almost knocked me over.  I figure if they are bold enough to go with turquoise and ivory cheetah print in their family room, then an updated wallpaper addition would be a shoe in.  They are game!  Now I'll go find the perfect fit!

Here are some unique patterns from Schumacher Wallcoverings-

Imperial Trellis

Braided Stripe

Bellows

Xando Pool Lime

Don't forget about the ceiling! 


Until next time,


Traci

*Images by Sarah Richardson (room 1) and patterns by Schumacher. Please forgive me for lacking the sources for the other room shots- I've had them in my catalog for a while... if you know, let me know!

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.