This is the question ... many people don't want to have a giant TV over their fireplace at all times, so our client had other plans for this area!!
By using Stealth Acoustics product, this TV is now hidden behind a beautiful art piece! You can create a custom piece, perfect for your design and space, to be the focal point of your mantel or fireplace wall. INSTEAD of a TV
The Art piece is front and center during times the TV is not being watched ... but when you are ready to turn on the game, or your favorite show .... with the click of a button the artwork begins to slide up and reveal a TV behind!
This was a "BEFORE" pic of our client's fireplace wall. WOW.
While the video clip still shows an "in progress" look, it has come a long way since day 1!! We look forward to revealing this whole house and
the finished product once it is completed!
Thursday, April 30, 2015
The biggest question everyone always has ... how can I make more space in my home?
What tips and tricks do we have, you ask??
Well we have a few tricks up our sleeves that utilize our creative brains ;)
1. Utilize multifunctional furniture: There are so many options on the market today. From integrated wine storage, to retractable desks and dining tables, using one piece of furniture for multiple purposes will always help to save space in the end.
2. Put your items on display: Like we designed in this french style kitchen, this open shelving concept encourages you to keep things tidy and organized, which in the end helps to not accumulate clutter.
3. Construct storage wherever you can: Do you have a blank wall or open space that is unused? Add built in bookcases or chests for storage and shelving.
4. Change spaces you normally overlook: Turn your world upside down and look at places in a different manner. You might see an opportunity for a strange shaped cabinet or a new design that helps save you space in the long run.
5. Add a loft: This requires a bit more planning and money, but if you are really looking to add space to your home, adding a loft can be a unique, and purposeful.
Good luck as you begin your space saving venture!!
Thursday, April 23, 2015
There are so many choices when it comes to choosing the fabric for your largest piece of furniture in the living room .... the SOFA.
But we have plenty of opinions when it comes to that.
There are so many reasons to love a gray sofa.
1. Its the most neutral neutral: Because it is a mix of white and black, it has the simplest hue to match with any color scheme
2. It's definitely essential for cool colors: When cool color schemes are the lead ... a brown sofa would be a sore thumb without a gray sofa
3. It can dress up the ordinary: Gray has a way of looking crisp and clean without being overly formal.
4. It can be soft and sharp at the same time: A comfortable gray is a perfect gray. It can create a base that allows colorful and pattern to swarm around a solid comfort of gray.
5. It can be bold or take the backseat: In this colorful design we created, this light gray couch becomes the backseat to an array of schemes around it, and it grounds the space.
Jump on the gray bandwagon and turn your living room into a
comfortable, chic and sophisticated place!
Tuesday, April 21, 2015
Different types of flooring can set the stage for the whole room...
and we are knee deep in selecting options for our new build projects!
and we are knee deep in selecting options for our new build projects!
Let's start with Exhibit A : The Bedroom! Once you've selected what stage you will set with your floor, the rest will fall into place.
Here are 5 ways to kick start your most restful room.
1. Go soft with silk: You can't go wrong with a cloud like texture beneath your toes. This will give the room a relaxed, comfortable sense of style
2. Warm up with wood: For a more refined, clean and sharp look, we choose wood. This will also give the space a warm glow with the color of wood.
3. Add a pop with colorful rug: When the room starts to become monochrome, we add a colorful rug to separate the tones.
4. Weave texture with sisal: For a more natural, earthy style, the sisal or jute rug can be used. This brings the outdoors in and feel almost like a retreat or spa atmosphere.
5. Be refined yet weathered: Wanting to feel comfortable yet not completely put together? This look is for you. A rough painted wood floor transforms the style of this room.
What do YOU choose for your style and look?
How do you step out of your bed each morning?
Thursday, April 16, 2015
Pattern Focus -- The age old pattern of Houndstooth
It is a 19th century creation coming from Scotland,
where it was originally worn by sheepherders!
(that's your history blurb for the day ;)
Houndstooth jumped into the fashion land in the early 20th century and
has been going strong ever since!
Here are a few reasons why and where to use it in your everyday life and home!
1. Go Big: We love the oversized houndstooth. The large graphic pattern is a nice addition to any room of solid colors to help liven it up.
2. Upholstery - Tight and Fitted: Houndstooth looks best when it is tightly upholstered so the pattern can be stretched evenly over the furniture piece.
3. Walls in Small Doses: This pop of houndstooth backsplash turns this whole room upside down. In small spaces, use this bold pattern!!
4. Pillows and Accessories: Many times, it's easiest to find this pattern in small pillows or trays in accessory pieces to add a punch of pattern to the space.
Houndstooth YOUR house!! And use our tips!
Tuesday, April 14, 2015
Bring the FUN into your family room!
We always like to incorporate meaningful things into spaces for our clients, and it's even better when its something fresh, new and unique!
We like to research new and different ideas often so we can throw out fun ideas for clients and see if we can get a bite!
Here are a few of our favorites from our latest round of searching!
1. Custom family mural.
This can be traditional or modern! However you plan it out! Incorporating each family member into the mural can be very special and fun at the same time!
2. Family travel world map:
We love this. Painting a world map onto the wall and marking each place the family visits.
3. The trusty "chalkboard wall":
While you may have seen this idea before, we like how this room echoes the black and white design throughout and the chalkboard wall just easily flows into the design.
4. Lively Artwork and Unique Lighting:
This room without the art and lighting would be an otherwise ordinary room. But with one splash of bright art and a large open light, the room comes to life.
Call us to find out what we can throw into YOUR family room to liven it up!!
Tuesday, April 7, 2015
Hope you played a good April Fools joke on someone yesterday ;)
In case you didn't -- Here's a few strange accessories and design items that will throw everyone for a loop! (just giving you a heads start for next year!)
We like to throw out the unexpected ... and sometimes, yes it catches our clients off guard.
And we love it!
(Notice anything strange going on here?? Hint hint ... sssssssnake)
See more of this TCI project HERE!
Off the Wall Accent #1:
Off the Wall Accent #2:
Txt U Tumblers
Off the Wall Accent #3:
Noir Buddha Chair
Off the Wall Accent #4:
Unzipped Glass Bowl
Off the Wall Accent #5:
Jean Pockets Square
Off the Wall Accent #6:
Mustache Cabinet Pull
Off the Wall Accent #7:
Bubble Gum Paper Weight
APRIL FOOLS -- Who says you can't extend the holiday one day ;) ??
Thursday, April 2, 2015
Powered by Blogger.
The award-winning entrepreneur creates gorgeous interiors that also offer livable-style. Traci says: “What good is a luxurious home if you can’t actually live in it?” That philosophy drives her to provide high-end interior design that really lasts for every one of her clients.
Back to my can of worms:) Just in time for the holidays, we are feeling settled in our new home. As you read a few weeks ago in ano...
Dare I say I have Cabin Fever? Being iced inside my house for three days... going on four... has almost forced me to do the dreaded... P...
Things are going my way- (no, this isn't my pool... but-) As luck would have it, on the last day of our family trip to Ros...